Sunday, March 9, 2014

Family Pedigree







The picture above is a drawing I did of my family pedigree. We were given a strip to see who in our family can taste the PTC strip. The cicrcles indicate the girls in my family and the sqaures indicate the guys. The ones that are shaded in pink show that, that person is a taster. My mom, sister, two brothers and I are tasters but my father is not. Being able to taste this strip is inherited, which means my mom is the carrier of this dominant gene and my dad does not have it. My mom passed this gene down to her children. In the world 75% of people are tasters and 25% are not, this means my dad is part of the 25%. By creating this pedigree, I got a better understanding on how genes can be seen in children that are only seen in one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment