Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Notes on Structure of Membranes


While reading the notes on Membrane Structure, I took my own notes to benefit myself. I learned about the structure of lipids. Also I learned that membranes are composed of lipids and proteins. I was going to type up all my notes on here but than I realized it would take to long, so I just posted pictures of them below. Down below are the notes. I hope you learn new interesting things from my notes like I did and I hope you enjoy!
 
 
 
  • Introduction to Lipids
  • The Structure of Lipids


Phospholipids

 Proteins
Summary




Summary
Membranes


The picture below, is a picture of the poster that my group made over a membrane. We had to draw all the parts and everything that made-up a membrane. Then we colored all the parts different colors to tell the difference. At the end we listed/labeled all the parts of the membrane which included carbohydrates, hydrophobic tails, cholesterol,transport protein, phospholipid molecule, and hydrophilic polar head.



No comments:

Post a Comment