Thursday, January 23, 2014

Onion Root Lab Microscope

In this lab I used a microscope to identify the stages of cells. A cell starts in interphase and makes its way to the M phase. I identified a cell in prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase. A cell in interphase is a complete circle with a fussy or dark black spot in it. Prophase is when a cell is still in a circle but is starting to separate. Metaphase is when the DNA is in a straight line (all you see is a straight line). Anaphase is when the cell is separating, you can see the DNA being pulled apart from each other. Telophase is when the cell has completely separated into two different cells. I took for pictures and estimated the number of cells. I identified what stage each cell was in. After getting the amount, I found the percentage. I divided the total number of cells in each step by the total number of cells all together. Below you can find a pie graph of the percentages and the four pictures I used.











No comments:

Post a Comment